Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Letter to Bryson


Dear Bryson,
Today you shocked your dad and I. We make you and your brothers stay in your room until 7:00 (even though you like to wake up at 6:00) - all year we have been struggling with keeping you all in...with you and Bodie getting yourselves dressed...with your brothers and you not screaming. Well today, young man...today you and bodie and bobby all came out of your room promptly at 7:00am and you had dressed bobby all by yourself! including his diaper! (it was on backward, but that is okay). You told me that you like making me happy and that you see how I am always doing stuff for you guys. I dont think my heart could have swelled more!

I have seen such a change in you since you started Kindergarten. I have seen you change the way you get frustrated with your brothers. I have seen you become such a gentle teacher with Bodie. I have seen the way you care for Bobby and look after him (most of the time). I have seen you make more of an effort to remember all the things you are responsible for (backpack, sweater, lunch box, homework). I have seen you own up to your mistakes and work really hard to do better. I have seen how well you listen and how you always help Mrs. Clanton clean up the balls and jump ropes even though you never use them...because you are ALWAYS playing tetherball....by the way...i have also seen what an amazing tetherball player you have become...i saw you beat that first grader. i know you think i didn't, but i did! i see lots of things you think I don't see ;)

I am so glad that God gave you to me so that I can be your mommy. God has shown me a lot about love and patience and self-lessness through you. Believe it or not, mommies learn lessons still. I want you to know what I pray for you every night when I tuck you in:

Dear God - Thank you for Bryson. Please help me to know how to parent Bryson in the best way. Thank you for his independent spirit, for his endless curiosity, for his love for life. Please help him learn how to temper those things as well. Please help him to have a grateful heart. Please give him sweet dreams and help him to dream about amazing things like (i switch these out each night) ice cream and baseball and catching bugs. Thank you Jesus.
Amen

I hope you know how much I love you...and I hope you know it through what I do...and maybe you do, since you are doing the same thing for me!
Love you dearly,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment