Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas Eve 2011

i just got my camera back (i had left it that night at my Aunt's) but i wanted to do a little re-cap on our holidays. we take turns every year with my husbands family and mine celebrating the holidays, and this year was my family's year for Christmas. we drove down to Escondido to my Aunt and Grandma and Grandpa's houses for Christmas Eve.

I grew up down the street from my Grandma and Grandpa and across the street from my Aunt and Uncle, so our family is pretty close. it was fun to have our kids play with my cousin's kids and think about us at their age...in the first pic you can see my cousin Danny's little boy Phoenix - who is just a couple months younger than Bodie.

i feel like the whole evening i was chasing after my boys and trying to keep them from destroying everything. i always get a little anxious taking all 3 into someone's house who doesn't have kids because bobby will destroy something/anything if given the opportunity...he is amazing at it...genius really...his artistry of destruction knows no bounds. so bryan and i took turns herding cats...it gets a little exhausting...especially when i want to catch up with cousins i see once a year...oh well - i guess its only a couple more years of this and then i will be whining about how big they are...



so we had dinner and then headed over to my Aunt's to meet Santa and have dessert and open presents. My cousin Danny was duped into volunteered to play Santa and my kids all had very different reactions.



Bodie was a little non-plussed

Bryson was embarrassed and excited but told me it couldnt have been the real Santa because his beard was too shiny.

Bobby was like...who the hek are you?


Bobby got the most annoying awesome guitar



and the biggest highlight of the night was when Santa pulled out the last present that was addressed to: Baby Guinta - everyone started screaming and hugging and we are all overjoyed to know a little baby Guinta will be joining the family in July! I have known for a little over the month and if you know me...you know its really hard for me to keep something like that a secret...i have told a couple grocery store clerks..."My sister is pregnant!!" and they would look at me quizzically, but i had to tell someone...now i can share my excitement with everyone else! 

Such a wonderfully warm, sweet evening...i love my family and love the traditions we started so long ago - i am glad my boys are able to share in some of that love and meet their Great Grandparents and Great Aunts and Uncles and the people who have helped shape my life and mean so much to me. Christmas season is a good excuse for all that to happen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment