Tuesday, November 9, 2010

sunset reflections


my *bigger* boys have been gone all day with their dad. i have a lot of catching up in the office to do...so i have had a quiet house...which is amazing...my brain can think...but its also bittersweet -i miss my boys' chaos and laughter too. bryan is good about filling me in on the special times when he has the boys - he just emailed me this picture he took on his phone of the boys at the beach.

i wish i was there and not here...but it is so so nice that our boys have this time with their dad. this was our dream - to have the both of us raising our children like this...and although i feel more than a little over working (if you know me, then you know i have been trying to get fired for the past 6 1/2 years) i can't help but look at a picture like this and know that we are making the right choice.

1 comment:

  1. Oh - I love this Carlee. What a gorgeous picture. I feel much the same way as you. There are definite bittersweet times. But, how lucky are we that we have husbands that like spending lots of times with our boys? Or should I say how lucky are they?!?

    ReplyDelete