Saturday, October 16, 2010

the bros

and then there were three...
we have had quite the week. doctor visits...for all 3 boys...a surgery (outpatient) for the husband and the ER yesterday for Bodie...long story...involves his boyish parts...and still an undetermined prognosis - we think a skin irritation...4 hours and however many hundreds of dollars later...ughh....lets just say mama is hoping next week is a bit better...

while bodie was at the hospital (my sister took him since i was alone with the kids and couldn't imagine having all 3 at an ER with a cranky Bodie) bryson told me how he was so glad Bodie was gone because now he won't get into all his stuff...i know that kids are self-absorbed...but it did sorta shock me how little to none he cared that his brother was at the HOSPITAL...i realized that it is hard to teach compassion and empathy/sympathy and self-lessness. i know  kids learn from example, but at what age do they start getting it that the world doesnt revolve around them?

enter this book...i have heard a couple different MOPs speakers speak on this book i dont know if it pertains a lot to the toddler/pre-school set, but it has come highly recommended.

well...whatever...i'll try whatever i can at this point - because in bryson's world right now he is the sun...and the moon...and the stars...and the planets...and...and...and...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Carlee. Sorry Bodie had to go to the hospital - that's no fun. Hope he is better today!

    I know what you mean about trying to teach empathy and concern. Not easy. I've thought about getting that book, too. This is also just another reminder to show by example - and I know there are plenty of times that I act like I am the most important one in the house...especially in my relationship to Lance.

    ReplyDelete