Thursday, December 4, 2014

Barnes Boys - Where They At?

Dern it! I was doing so good...alas...the last time we were together in this space it was september...how is it already DECEMBER??? so insane. so let's see...

In October we spent a weekend in San Diego and had a bit of a family reunion - so much fun! Here is a coveted picture of the boys and the Waffle King - the restaurant was in a Travel Lodge and it was so packed they put us in the overflow restaurant, which was the Mexican Restaurant also in the travel lodge - so not only were we eating waffles in a travel lodge...we also had the lingering smells of nacho cheese in the air...classic. The family went on a sailboat ride and then later had a bonfire with pizza and s'mores. The next day we all met up with my Grandma June at Jolly Rogers. It was so great being able to connect with everyone over the course of a couple of days - not the pressure of an evening like we normally would on a holiday. Big fan of those family reunions...especially ones that include a waffle king and a bonfire!!







Halloween - gone are the cute costume days - now everyone wants to either be scary or dangerous. So we had a zombie, Karate Kid and a bat - i was a little under-inspired this year. I dont know if it is from making zoodies for so long, or what it is, but Halloween does not thrill me anymore! i think my problem is that i start thinking about it too late...get all these great ideas...with no time to see it through...then go through their costume bin last minute and see what i can find! it is more important to me that my boys dress up on a regular basis than on that ONE DAY of the year...i dunno. that was kinda debbie downer on Halloween...but it's where i am at. so there you go.


My birthday! In November I turned an age I had so long ago thought meant you were "old" and "uncool" - look at how i proved myself wrong! I successfully stretched my birthday out this year - threw a fabulous party with my friend Becky, went on an amazing horseback ride up and around the Los Angeles mountains and also happened to land my book club meeting on my birthday and so i happened to have around 10 amazing women in my home on my birthday - so much fun! I am mostly bummed it is December because that means i can't milk my birthday anymore.





Bryson's Birthday - we spent Bryson's birthday in Monterey for his very last golf tournament of the year. He didn't play as well as he hoped (we were insanely proud of him) so that was a bit of a bummer- he placed 13th of 23 kids - but this was an invitational - so it was a huge thing to just be invited! Monterey was so gorgeous and Bob and Kathy joined us and made it extra special. We went to the most amazing sea food place...Phil's? Nick's? it is in the docks and you order and then sit down and you have to get there before 5 because the line is bananas...i think its Phil's...ill have to ask Bob for you. either way - just go there to that place. bryson had clams, clam chowder, crab meat - insanely good - all of it! 

Bryson's homeschooling is going well too! we have been trying to explore as much as possible and i can already see such a change in him on what learning is and opportunities to learn. i never thought i would get such a kick out of watching him learn...i was too scared about how i would do teaching. I do have plans to get him assessed though at the mid-mark- i want to know if i am "doing it right" - I can't help but be a little nervous that this is too easy? 




Bodie Bear! Bodie is so funny - he is such a different learner/student than Bryson - he is sounding out words and sounds all the time - he really gets serious about his homework - he is done with his homework homework in like 5 minutes, but it is not enough, so almost every day i make up stuff...which is like the exact opposite of bryson i could just laugh. he is loving his teacher and has made quite a few friends in the class. 




Oh Bobby - just as sweet as ever. This kid LOVES his mama! he is going through a major mommy phase right now...which of course i am loving every bit of it - the narcissist i am...but also it really breaks my heart when he cries when i go in the office...i don't suffer mom guilt all that much (yet i am sure) but for sure when that happens...ugh...i feel like i am harming my child and psychologically torturing them....then i remember bodie and bryson both did this too and they arent all too damaged (yet i am sure) - anyway - i think that about wraps it up for this go round- hoping to pop in here a little more regularly - i do so love documenting these guys and their shenanigans!  

No comments:

Post a Comment