Monday, January 14, 2013

Our Christmas Break According to Instagram

Bodie turned 4 on Christmas Eve

Christmas Dinner was amazing - Bryan helped with the turkey and also make a persimmon pie...his first pie attempt and already making custom crust decorations...
Christmas present opening - so fun!

One day we took the light rail downtown and went to the Discovery Center with the kids and Bryan's parents - it was so  much fun and even though we didnt have a ton of time to explore, it ended up being the perfect amount of time and the best little excursion!


Part of my Christmas present from Bryan was a trip into the city (SF) - his parents watched the boys and we got to do all the things I love - museum, good beer, good food, dessert, back to the hotel for some book reading and getting ready for dinner, we walked to dinner and ice skated beforehand and then had an amazing dinner and a nightcap - so much fun!
The above painting is by Basquiat

This was one of my favorite things - a work in progress by Mondrian. You could see his process with the tape and hopes poked into the canvas - a fun glimpse into his creative process.

Two neat installations at the SFMoma - one was the lights ahead that followed and anticipated your movement and the other was the tile work, which was exactly 50% black and 50% white and placed in complete random order

The front of SF Moma

Cable car spotted while shopping on Market St


Skating before dinner at the Embarcadero
Chile shrimp - everything was so good at the Slanted Door


So - i brought my good camera and never took it out of the case. we managed to get a couple videos, but everything else about our Christmas break is what you see here. I was pretty pathetic at documenting our time in San Jose, but I was pretty good at being present with my kids through it - which is much more valuable, I would argue. We had a pretty amazing time - my mother-in-law woke with the kids every morning, making me feel like I was actually on some type of vacation. I felt like for the first time since I could remember I was rested. That is amazing to say. I will have to hold on to that memory because it probably won't happen for a while longer...sigh...the kids did pretty awesome too. They definitely held to a looser schedule than normal, but for the most part they rolled with it. We left San Jose feeling very grateful for family and very refreshed. It was a great way to start our little vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment