Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Bryson's Second Golf Tournament




Bryson's second golf tournament was last month in Downey...I forget the name of the course...I will need to ask Bryan and edit this...I was able to go to this one and was so impressed. I haven't seen Bryson play on the course for a while now...over a year I am sure. He is like a mini-pro! i was so amazed. My dad came to this tournament and when I told Bryson his Grandpa Craig was going to come, he said, "Mom, I am going to blow Grandpa Craig's mind" - well if he didnt blow his mind, he certainly blew mine!

my favorite moment though was when the little Asian boy from the first picture hit this amazing chip shot from below the green up to a couple feet from the pin...all the adults watching clapped and he just raised one hand up like a little PGA player. so cute!

Bryson played awesome and showed such restraint when he hit a couple putts too long, etc. I was also exceptionally impressed with his caddy (Bryan) who also showed restraint and was such an encouragement. Bryson came in 6th place, with only 3 strokes off of first. there was a three way tie for first. It showed him how important his short game (that is putting for you non-golf folks) is. He was a little disappointed that he didn't get a medal (they are given to the top 4 players) but not disappointed enough to keep him from wanting to sign up for the championships (which are this Sunday, eeek!). Wish him luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment